Education that fits your needs.
Virtual Elementary School (VES) is recognized as an Ontario Ministry of Education private school offering high quality online courses using the Ontario curriculum. We welcome students living anywhere in the world to take courses with us. You and your family will find that VES is an excellent alternative or supplement to traditional schooling.
VES was established in 2012, 17 years after the creation of Virtual High School (VHS). VHS began in 1995 with a single Biology course being made available to students on a server housed in the back room of a store. Both VHS and VES now operate out of a historical building in Bayfield, Ontario where a specialized team of curriculum coordinators, content developers, instructional designers, and administrators work to serve students through an individualized approach to learning.
- Enroll any day of the year
- Set your own schedule and work at your own pace
- Build your own unique learning experience
- Use course(s) as a sole source for learning or as a supplement to your child’s traditional classroom education
- Choose to complete the course with a certified teacher or with a parent
- Monitor your child’s learning with a separate parent login
- Complete the course entirely online
- Access course content 24 hours a day, 365 days a year
At VES, we strive to create an online learning experience that is engaging and motivating, allowing students to complete their course work at their own pace in a secure and safe learning environment. Our team seeks to bridge the gap between the online learner and high quality course content that is designed and developed by certified experts in education. We use technology to ignite students’ passion for learning, through creative, interactive, and engaging course material that is both interesting and relevant to their future studies.